Saturday, June 6, 2009

~Cooking and music ~


A saucepan.
Few drops of olive oil...

~Some fire~
…..Notes of music rise in the background…..
Slowly reaching you and engulfing you like a fragrance…
You dance in it a little and then,
Come back to heat of the fire ~ softly tickling the olive oil...

"....Silver coins that jingle-jangle,
Dancing shoes that dance in time
All the secret of her dark eyes,
They did sing a gypsy rhyme…"

Don williams singing in his velvety voice ~ softly tickling the soul...

In goes some pieces of celery, onion & garlic…
Shwish…………….sings the saucepan too.

Some stirring ~ to a golden brown colour,
Some colouring ~ with the freshly made tomato sauce

Next song begins ~

"Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song..."

Some more stirring..
Some sprinkling..
Parsely and a few more
Italian herbs…
~Gains of white salt ~
Blending into the redness...

In goes the boiled penne into the inviting blend..
"...Come away with me
and we'll kiss
On a mountaintop..
Come away with me
And I'll, never stop loving youuu..."

...…more aroma rising
Filling up the senses,

~Promising delight and fulfillment ~

Eventually ~Pasta looks cooked~
Just the right blend~
Of taste and aroma,
Of seen and unseen,
Of hunger and food,
Of vision and form,
Of wishing and creating
Of wanting and receiving
Of colour and
music
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Of body and soul…………

"I'm going back someday
Come what may, to Blue Bayou
Where the folks are fine
And the workd is mine, on Blue Bayou
Where those fishing boats,
With their sails aboat
If I could only see ~
A familiar sunrise through sleepy eyes,
How happy I'd be..."




The music continues……

5 comments:

the walking man said...

I've been up since midnight and listening to music since 0015...now you've made me hungry for more than song.

NRkey Menon said...

Thats a Nita Mehta cook book isnt it!!!

AHhhh! The joys of life!! :)

Scarlet said...

You know how to cook. ;)

SHUBHAJIT said...

Dear sister,

I like your vivid post.

Everyone should know how to cook. It is also a spiritual exercise.

By the way, I really appreciate your comment and feel that you are a good soul. Thank you.

Jagriti said...

@walking man: hope u enjoyed your food for the body and soul... :)


@Nerkey Menon: yep..it it nina mehta...surprised that being a guy u know about it...! :)

had bought this book in my attempt to master the art of making pastas..!


@Scarlet: glad i cud put this fact across..! .. had tried to make the statement quite subtely..did u see through it..?? :))



@Shubhajit: Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I agree cooking is a spiritual activity ~ if u get involved into it completely...to come to think of it, any activity in which we get involved completely to the extent of losing ourself, brings us closer to our innerself; and so is spiritual in its own way...

"Earth wind and rain and fire,
Wealth power love desire,
One goal to live for before we die,
One taste of glory,
One mouthful of sky..."